Sunday, December 22, 2013

Goatboy's Sunday



I write this as I prepare to go to a Xmas Pot Luck.  Should be fun as it is with people I know but not really know.  I got to their comic shop a lot to buy my weekly crack of comic books.  And Paint.  I buy my paint from there haha.

Let's see - I got in a car wreck on Thursday.  I am ok and my car is not looking good.  It wasn't my fault so that is good and I have the claim all set up.  I take it to a shop on Thursday.  Will see if it gets totaled out.  The front end is effed up but will see.  Beyond that I started my new job this last Friday as well.  Good times indeed mixed with the badness of my car eating it.  I have a rental but it just doesn't feel like my little car.  Meh.

Paint list for the week - hopefully I can get a lot of it done.  This weekend got screwed by car and family stuff.  So hopefully I can get it all done.

Me
Plastic Dudesmen - Script in hand - need to draw it.  Another crazy one like this last weekend as it is part 2.
End of the Year Article - What I want and thankful for etc
Dog Daemon Prince for Rob -  need to finish it
2 more LVO pictures
I am sure other art too - need to look through my emails and orders etc.
(If I haven't talked to you about art - email me again - it has been a long week)
Flesh Hounds
Daemonette units etc
New Customer Tzeentch Heralds - got ideas
Big Necron Dragon Conversion - no paint - plan on doing it by this weekend.  I got ideas! not for me!

Don
Khorne Killa Tonka Tank - Done!

Mike N
3 Kromlech Mega Nobz! - got the box

Luis P
5 Terminators - in pieces - need to find thunder hammer and storm shields for 3
4 Tact marines - Heavy Weapons - Primed!
More stuff most likely

Travis
Warjack Combo 1 - Done!
Warjack Metal 1 - Not Primed
Walker Warjack Combo 2 - Not primed!

Nick R
10 Kroot - Done!
10 More Kroot - Primed!

Jens
10 Horrors - Not Primed
Need to get 10 more Horrors for him - will have to order em.
Fire Raptor - get to my builder then I paint it.

I have some other stuff that might be coming in.  Some D&D figures and an old skool LR.  Fun stuff to paint up hopefully in the coming weeks.  I have things to do!  Shipped out the Khorne Tank thingie and some of the Bile Drone this Saturday.  Fun times to get stuff done!

Saw Anchorman 2.  If you liked the first one - you will like this one.  I thought it was great but I loved Anchorman hehe.  Where the first one had more funny lines this one just goes weird.  Which of course I liked haha.

I hope to see the Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle sometime soon.  The Hobbit 2 was ok.  Just too long and too bloated.  It is worth it to watch the "art" of the movie but really… it feels like I just want to complete it.  The Dragon was good though.

Comic wise - this was a crazy week.  For those who read em anyway.

Saga #17 - Amazing.  Vaughn is one of the few writers that can create a monthly book where you want to read each month and not feel like you will be better off just buying a trade.  Good book and if you like comics you should be reading it.

East to West #8 - Shit this book is awesome.  I got the trade even though I buy the issues.  This is another one of those books where I just love everything about it.  The art is amazing, the store is interesting, and the design is just great.  End of the world stuff is some of my comic crack and this is full of it.  Can Hickman do no wrong?

Black Science #2 - Interesting book again.  You get more info on what this story is about and science left to its own devices is another great thing.  The art is awesome too.  For those new maybe wait for the trade as it will probably flow better.

Revival #16 - I buy this book because I like it enough but I think it will read better in a trade.  It is a slow drip of story here with interesting things and tiny bits of taste.  The story is still interesting and the art does well enough.

Secret #4 - This has been late but I like the art.  The big what the hell the book is about just got given out in this one so it was super interesting.  Wait for the trade and be amazed by the art and design again.  Hickman is just too good right now.

Deadpool #21 - I always liked this character and we come back from a weird in-between issue.  Still his is good stuff if you like it and they have taken to making this character a bit more fleshed out.  Good stuff and will see where it goes from here.  And fuck why does Marvel cost 4 bucks now?  Jerks!

I will write more about comics I pick up.  It is one of the big things I love to get every week.  I think there are so many good things out there that if people just gave some books a shot they would be surprised how good those colored funnies can be.

Alright - lists so far for LVO.

Daemon for LVO
HQ: Fateweaver
HQ: Khorne Herald, Juggernaut, Lesser Gift, Greater Gift
HQ: Tzeentch Herald, Lvl 3, Locus of Conjuration, Exalted gift
HQ: Tzeentch Herald, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift
Troops: Daemonettes X 18
Troops: Daemonettes X 18
Troops: Pink Horrors X 16
FA: Flesh Hounds of Khorne X 14
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

It looks weird - it will probably play odd and that sounds fun to me.  I still will miss my DP's but meh.  If I don't play that I will play some FMC smash list as well.  I wish I could play Be'Lakor for  Feast - but this list works ok.

Daemons
HQ: Fateweaver
HQ: Daemon Prince, Wings, Armor, MoS, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Aluress, Greater Gift
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Aluress, Greater Gift
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Wings, Armor, MoT, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Wings, Armor, MoT, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift

1750 on the Nose.  Plus it feels fast and I have enough room to make sure I don't get Grav Gun out on Scouting troops if I want too.  Seems like it would work.

Some models and stuff to look at too.  Finish this post out before I leave for the party.



Tonka Tank survived the Car Wreck.

Custom Herald on "Juggernaut"

Kroot in yo face!

Cryx wha?


And some art.



2 comments:

Manxol said...

I usually read your Extra Thoughts every monday night... is a ritual, and I enjoy looking at your great and cool minis. So, that being said, thank you for your job.

That being said, I'm really glad than you got free from that car accident. It has happened to me 4 years ago when I was driving my truck and this was something really bad to experience.

But the important thing is than you are ok and you could enjoy this christmas eve with the ones you love.

Best wishes.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Thanks - I am just glad I didn't get hurt. I've gotten whiplash and a concussion (hooray 6 man football!) so when I didn't feel bad and everything seemed ok I knew I had gotten lucky.

Right now I have to decide if I want to paint all these daemonettes... (most likely yes... hah)