Sunday, September 4, 2011

Welp it is a Sunday


Watched True Blood and Dr. Who. Damn fine episodes. Been kinda meh on True Blood but I think the Season Finale will amp it up pretty good me thinks. I can't wait for Boardwalk Empire. Yeah you can tell I get free cable cuz I love me those cable tv shows haha. Dexter is coming soon too and that shit is awesome. But enough of that - my paint list. I am working tomorrow and I finished a ton of stuff today.

Myself
Rogue Psyker Squad # 2 - DONE today!
Chaos Lord/Thousand Son Lord/Evil Psyker Lord - Built and Magnetized!
5 Rat Assassins - Built and Primed

Jens
3 CSM Bikerz - Built
3 CSM Asp Champs - Built
4 Noise Marines - Built
4 CSM Guys - Built

Michael N
10 Ork Boyz - Done!
1 Zapp Gun Guy - Done!
1 Trukk - On Sprue

Randy M
3 Infinity Bikerz - Need to be built
5 Infinity Guys - Need to be built

Plastic Dudesmen - Need to do one - maybe another.

That is my plan for the week. I should get all the CSM done tomorrow - that is my plan as the client needs it fast. Woohoo. Lots to do.

Beyond that I need to call the Dallas store I plan on playing in. Hopefully I can get in there and not go to San Antonio. That is my plan to try and win a new army haha. I have 2 in pieces army - DE and Nids. I need to finish them at some point.

I wanted to try and test this one GK list but the player I threw down against quit after my initial assault. He just wanted to get the game of 40k desire out of his system and I brought the list to do it. He had Death Wing and I hate playing against that army. It is either no fun for you or no fun for me. All based on rolling that 3+ inv save.

The list I wanted to test.

GKM, Psycannon, Rad, Psychotroke, 3 Servo Skulls
Coteaz
Ven Dread, TWL Autocannon X 2, Psybolt
Ven Dread, TWL Autocannon X 2, Psybolt
GKT X 10, Thawn, Psycannon X 2, Daemon Hammer X 2, Halberds X 6, Bro Banner
Henchmen - Rogue Psyker X 8, Warrior Acolyte X 2, Meltagun X 2, Rhino
Henchmen - Rogue Psyker X 8, Warrior Acolyte X 2, Plasmagun X 2, Rhino
Henchmen - Rogue Psyker X 8, Mystic, Rhino
Dreadknight, Heavy Incinerator
Dreadknight, Heavy Incinerator

2000 pts or so. Could be good. I think it has some interesting interactions and lots of bits and pieces I normally like. I might run something similar for Ard Boyz with 10 Inceptors and another Ven Dread maybe. Who the hell knows haha. I think that is where my list building is going right now. I might just have two Rogue Psykers as I think I don't need the 3rd. I run into Eldar and I lose it.

I want to paint up some Goat Riders with those new Ogres. I think they will look awesome. Anyone see how the new Ogre book is? Is it actually decent? I hope to get some games in on Thursday. I played local Minus67 with his Venom spam army and I played some GK bullshit to help him test it out. I shot a lot and my dice rolling was hot. I would get one penetrate through and I would roll a 6 or 5 every time.

Not sure what is next for my brain - too much to think about haha.

Models!




2 comments:

jonathan davis said...

Hey, i played you today at Ard Boyz (first game). Too bad my melta's wiffed and i didn't kill that henchman rhino...those guys look really cool, lol. I meant to make a closer look at them and the rest of your army after the game, but i forgot and then you were gone...great job on everything i looked at though.

I saw the Chaos lord in the post above and was like "Ooh, I killed that guy!" :-P

Anyway, it was nice meeting you and i really enjoyed our game. Hopefully see you around once I finish my army and try to get into the bigger tournaments in this next year or so.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Dude you were awesome to play against and even though I lost two games you guys rocked. I hope you guys make it down to some events in Austin or I see everyone around and about. Good games for sure! And that is the wolves army I like - not the most exciting but it gets the job done for sure haha. And Moving Wolf Guard with ML is awesome.