Tuesday, May 18, 2010

FIrst of all


I moved the painting bits to my main site - Full of Monkey Painting Blog. Just a heads up, check it out I post weekly with stuff I am working on. Lots of random conversion stuff as well as other bits and pieces.

I will continue this blog as a place for my army lists, other links to other game related blogs, as well as just my kinda extra thoughts for the week. Most of the time it will be lists though, as that is my bread and butter haha. Currently I just finished up all the extra stuff for my Goat Angels/Space Goats army list. Current play list I am throwing down with for Goat Angels is a dreadnought heavy force. It is very aggressive list, which is normal for my builds. And I get to play the Space Goat Pope - Counts as Mephiston.

HQ: Mephiston
Elites: Librarian Dreadnought (Blood Lance, Wings)
Elites: Librarian Dreadnought (Shield, Wings)
Troops: Death Company (10), Power Weapon, Power Fist
Transport: Rhino
Troops: Death Company Dreadnought, Blood Talons
Troops: Death Company Dreadnought, Blood Talons
Troops: Assault Squad (5)
Transport: Razorback, TWL Lascannon
Troops: Assault Squad (5)
Transport: Razorback, TWL Lascannon
Troops: Assault Squad (5)
Transport: Razorback, TWL Lascannon
FA: Baal Predator, Flamestorm Cannon
Heavy: Vindicator, Siege Shield
Heavy: Vindicator, Siege Shield

I know, copy paste for the troop choices but I really needed the range. The siege shield Vindicators are there to contest later, as they don't care about any terrain in front of them. It "MOVE, GIT OUT THA WAY, GIT OUT THA WAY, GIT OUT THA WAY!!!". But this is most likely my normal play list as I just like to throw down with Dreadnoughts. I might look at dropping Mephiston for other stuff, but really right now I just want to run and punch things in the face.

This weekend sees me playing at the Alamo 40k GT. I got my ticket for Vegas, but really wanted to throw down at this one. I am playing my Space Goats list this time, which is somewhat based off my list from Adepticon. The point totals are 2000 pts, and I changed up my Long Fang Squads to 3 - 3 ML, 2 HB squads as well as added in Canis and a Rune Priest. The 3 Grey Hunter squads has one with 9 guys to hide the Rune Priest in it. The dogs are also lessened as I was needing to tweak some points. Will see how they do. I know my Space Wolf lists are unorthodox but I think people need to look at going away from the normal builds that look too Space Marine like and go for things that represent well in that codex, pure brick to the face haha.

4 comments:

Chumbalaya said...

I think you might be better off with AC/LC Preds to give you that extra punch at range. DC and Dreads should stomp most anything flat.

Good luck at the GT and take pics!

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I hate not driving 12 with BA. I personally think all sponsons on their vehicles are pointless and a waste of points. If I am not hitting 12 inches, then I am just wanting my opponent to punch me in the butt hah.

Amazing tactics hehe. And this army is a definite glass hammer. I just want to use my screaming face dreadnought you can see on my blog hah.

I will try to remember to take pics. Will see if my super hero Space Goats will do well. If I would have thought of this BA list earlier I would have played this one. ROBOTS TO THE DEATH!

TheKing Elessar said...

...Too many lols make me look silly, and feel sad...

TheKing Elessar said...

"I personally think all sponsons on their vehicles are pointless and a waste of points." - HAHA!

Did you see Chumby and my internets debate about this very topic? lol

I was in agreement with you, lol.