Friday, June 12, 2009

Painted up some Orks and planned out some other things



Hey I wanted to just give an update of where I am right now. I finished up the Nobz squad for a client today. As usual it is the dirty yellow that the customer wants and I think it came out pretty dang neat. Here is how I set them up equip wise. The reason for some of them is because a) it looks neat b) the customer wasn't running 10 man squads.

Nob 1- Cybork Body, Eavy Armor, Choppa, Slugga
Nob 2- Cybork Body, Eavy Armor, Choppa, Slugga, Bosspole
Nob 3- Cybork Body, Eavy Armor, Choppa, Slugga, Kombi-skorcha
Nob 4- Cybork Body, Eavy Armor, Big Choppa
Nob 5- Cybork Body, Eavy Armor, Big Choppa, Kombi-skorcha (attached to his big shoppa heh)
Nob 6 -Cybork Body, Eavy Armor, PK
Nob 7 -Cybork Body, Eavy Armor, PK, Bosspole
Nob 8 -Cybork Body, Eavy Armor, PK, Waagn Banner
Nob 9 -Cybork Body, Eavy Armor, PK, Kombi-Skorcha
Nob 10-Painboy, Cybork Body, Dirty Tools/Syringe



Yup, wound allocation is a pain in the butt. But yeah, there is the basic make up of the unit. Attached a warboss and you got a nice little, eat it in the face unit. Have them ride in a BW and watch out as the Space Rednecks come on down to break things.

Another army thought, that is on the horizon after finishing some client work is my neglected Marine army. Right now I have all the pieces (and then some... time to do some trading...) and here is the initial plan for the army.

HQ: Lysander: 200pts
HQ: Chaplain, Termie Armor, Combi-melta, digital weapons - 145pts

Troops: Tac squad (10), Meltagun, Multi-Melta - 175pts
Transport: Razorback - 40pts
Troops: Tac squad (10), Meltagun, Multi-Melta - 175pts
Transport: Razorback - 40pts

Elites: Terminators (5) - 200pts
Transport: LRC, Multi-Melta - 260pts
Elites: Assault Terminators all TH/SS (5) - 200pts
Transport: LRC, Multi-Melta - 260pts

FA: Speeder, Multi-Melta - 60pts
FA: Speeder, Multi-Melta - 60pts

Heavy: Predator, Hvy Bolter sponsons - 85pts
Heavy: Predator, Hvy Bolter sponsons - 85pts

PTs: 1985 (not sure what to throw the 15 pts on... Wish add an extra Hvy Flamer on the speeders was 5 points - I am a sad panda)

I am not seeing nearly as many Marine lists locally as I thought I would. I think the army is pretty good, and with a little thought you can have a high assault/high shooting force that is very hard to deal with. The fists of Lysander and Chaplain + Friends should draw a lot of fire. Their damage potential mixed with their stubborn toughness means I should get across the board. The Preds and Razorbacks will pour out fire into light vehicles/infantry - in hopes to bring some guys down. It has a lot of vehicles, which I find pretty fun to play with. The push of Melta in the face of heavy mech armies, means your predators should last a hell of a lot longer, getting their points back pretty easily. Your speeders should start in reserves and pop out to hit any other LR's or other nonsense that might come down etc.

But yeah, I want to get the army done to test it out and see where I can toughen things up, as well as change things to create a fun list to pull out that isn't green and gooey.

5 comments:

Stelek said...

I dig that graphic. :)

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Thanks man :).

grey_death said...

Painting Yellow thoughts/tutorial for TPC ^_-?

Yellow is definitely a color a lot of folks stray away from because of how difficult it can be to get 'right'.

Faultie said...

Those are some good looking green skins.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Chris has a good way and I like to use foundation yellow and then rotting flesh for the highlights. It goes on thick enough to make it work. I wash it with devlan mud, but I am sure you don't need to wash it if you want to leave it nice and yellow.